SUSPENSION OF CLUB RUNS FROM 26 DECEMBER 2020
Wealden is moving into tier 4 from Boxing day and accordingly all club runs are suspended with effect from Boxing day. The runs will take place on Christmas Eve and Christmas day as planned.
RECOMMENCEMENT OF RUNNING SESSIONS FROM THURSDAY 3 DECEMBER 2020
Whilst we have not yet seen official advice from England Athletics it is expected that running session will be allowed as pre the current lockdown with a run leader and up to 12 runners. As before we expect that sessions will need to be pre booked and the previous Covid Secure guidelines will need to be followed: ie back to the new normal. Accordingly Pete will be sending round an email inviting you to book sessions from Thursday 3 December. If the guidelines were to be more restrictive we would try to accommodate the bookings by splitting groups further but if not possible some bookings would need to be cancelled. However currently we do expect that it will be as before.
Note a new booking system has been put into effect from a/c 30 November 2020 as set out below
Sessions are held each week as follows (please note in accordance with covid guidelines currently all sessions must be pre booked using the booking form: further details are given below the sessions list)
Monday 5k run with Pete. Meet at Freedom Leisure 9.30am This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday 5k run with Sam (Samantha). Meet at Freedom Leisure (note sometimes the meet place will be different but all booked runners will be advised) 6.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday Rep sessions with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 6.30pm. This session consists of hill reps or other reps (it is a structured session but you run it as hard as you like). The session lasts 60 to 90 mins. Not suitable for beginners
Thursday 5k run with Chris (Christopher). Meet at Freedom Leisure 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Thursday 5k run with Emma. Meet at Victoria Park (aka Victoria Pleasure Ground) 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Saturday social off road 10 to 12k with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. These runs will take you along some of the many footpaths in a our area around, Uckfield, Buxted, High Hurstwood, Framfield, Fairwarp, Maresfield etc
Sunday social off road 10 to 12miles with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. Similar to the Saturday run but with the longer distance will go further afield.
The Wednesday Track Session with Dayle/Dan Meet at Crowborough Track (Crowborough TN6 2TN) 7.30pm (1st and 3rd Weds only) will restart in the spring.
Currently sessions must be pre booked: do not just turn up as you will be turned away
On Friday Pete will send an email with a link to the booking form and the booking schedule. Click on the link to the form, fill in you details, check the sessions you wish to join and press submit. You can only book for the coming week (the form will be for the week commencing Monday).
2. Bookings are now automated when you submit the form so accordingly are on a first come first served basis. If the number of available spaces is exceeded then you will be added to a waitlist: however it is only expected this may happen in relation to the Saturday morning run but probably most weeks this will be fine.
3. There is no booking window, no priority between your choices, no limit on number of sessions booked but please do not select alternatives (or you will be booked on both).
4. However if you do know what you want to book for the coming week we would still prefer you to book at the weekend:
a) it makes it easier on the run leaders if they know who many are expected: especially fi the group needs to be split
b) if a group is full then if you have booked by 4pm on Sunday you will be offered priority for the following week.
5. You can see your bookings and who else has booked at anytime by clicking on the link in Pete's email. Because you can see the bookings at any time a list will no longer be emailed or posted to Facebook on Sunday. Generally the same link will apply each week but note there may be am updated form issued from time to time in which case the link will change. I am looking at a possible update to send an email to confirm your booking.
8. The normal charge of £1 per session applies but please do not bring cash. Please pay for your sessions in the month at the start of the following month by bank transfer to the club account details of which will be included in the weekly reminder email. The charge for a month is capped at £8, thus if you usually do two or more sessions per week you just pay £8 per month.
Thank you for your cooperation in these difficult times.
GUIDELINES DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS
You must adhere to the following guidelines
1) You are running at your own risk and are responsible for following current guidelines
2) If you or anyone in your household feel unwell, have been tested positive for Covid or been told to self isolate then please do not attend. You will be asked to confirm this at the start of the session.
3) Please follow the government's guidelines and keep your distance.
4) No sharing drinks, holding someone's keys etc. There will not be a bag for you to leave stuff in: if you bring it you have to carry it.
5) If you are not on a group list please do not turn up hoping to run, you will be sent home.....sorry.
6) Please wash your hands before and after running, or bring hand sanitizer.
7) No spitting
8) Be aware of what you may touch: for example it is recommended you do not use railings for stretching after the run. If doing the weekend off road runs these are likely to include going through gates and over stiles: it is recommended you do not touch your face after going through/over a gate or stile
'NORMAL' TRAINING PRE COVID (WHICH WILL RESUME IN DUE COURSE)
Please see Forthcoming events and training page for summary of training in coming week
Tuesday evening club night
We meet every Tuesday for training 7pm Freedom Leisure Centre, Downsview Crescent, Uckfield. Typically training last about 1 hour and may be a steady run, hills or repetitions. In the summer we train off road, around Uckfield and surrounding area or sometimes drive up to Ashdown Forest. Training is as hard as you want it to be whether you want to go flat out or just have a social jog.
During the winter months we train in Uckfield. Once a month we run a club 3k time trial and we generally do a repetition/hill sessions on two evenings and a steady run on on one eveing. In the summer we are more flexible depending on the weather and the amount of daylight but mainly run off road. The following months training schedule is included on the News page.
Track sessions 1st and 3rd Wednesday at Crowborough 2nd and 4th Wednesday at Eastbourne
We run track training sessions at Crowborough, Goldsmiths Leisure Centre Eridge Road, Crowborough TN6 2TN, 7.30pm £1 on the first and third Wednesday
We also run a joint track session (all year) with Heathfield Road Runners (our partner club in the cross country league) on the second and fourth Wednesday at 7pm Eastbourne track at Cross levels Way, Eastbourne BN21 2UF (£3 pay on track Click here for Map).
The sessions last about 1 hours and is suitable for all abilities: you do not need to be quick to benefit from track training.
Sunday runs are usually organised if there is not a race on usually varying in length from about 7 miles to 12 miles. The runs are designed to cater for different abilities. Weekend runs are posted to the News page.
A group specially aimed at non runners and beginners is run on Thursday evening at 7.30pm from the Leisure centre. Click here for more information >.
Its not all about running, we hold a Christmas meal and Dance and a barbeque in the Summer.