RECOMMENCEMENT OF RUNNING SESSIONS FROM MONDAY 29 MARCH 2021
Under England Athletics guidelines clubs are allowed groups of a run leader and up to 12 runners from 29 March 2021 as was the case before the most recent lockdown. As before the sessions will need to be pre booked and the previous Covid Secure guidelines will need to be followed: ie back to the new normal. Accordingly Pete will be sending round an email inviting you to book sessions each Friday with a link to the online booking form. As far as possible we will split groups to accommodate all runners but if not possible some bookings would need to be cancelled.
It is expected the restrictions will last until 21 June 2021.
The booking system is set out below
Sessions are held each week as follows (please note in accordance with covid guidelines currently all sessions must be pre booked using the booking form: further details are given below the sessions list)
Monday 5k run with Pete. Meet at Freedom Leisure 9.30am This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday 5k run with Sam (Samantha). Meet at Freedom Leisure (note sometimes the meet place will be different but all booked runners will be advised) 6.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Tuesday Rep sessions with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 6.30pm. This session consists of hill reps or other reps (it is a structured session but you run it as hard as you like). The session lasts 60 to 90 mins. Not suitable for beginners. The session is based on time so you do not need to be 'super speedy ' some will do more reps tan others but the total distance will usually be 10/11lk so you do need to be comfortable running this distance.
Thursday 5k run with Chris (Christopher). Meet at Freedom Leisure 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Thursday 5k run with Emma. Meet at Victoria Park (aka Victoria Pleasure Ground) 7.30pm This session is suitable for all abilities including beginners
Saturday social off road 10 to 12k with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. These runs will take you along some of the many footpaths in a our area around, Uckfield, Buxted, High Hurstwood, Framfield, Fairwarp, Maresfield etc
Sunday social off road 10 to 12miles with Graham. Meet at Uckfield Rugby club (Nevill Rd, Uckfield TN22 1LX) 8.30am. This is a social run so suitable for most abilities but you do need to be able to run the distance so no suitable for beginners. Similar to the Saturday run but with the longer distance will go further afield.
Whilst we are under these Covid restrictions sessions must be pre booked: do not just turn up as you will be turned away
On Friday Pete will send an email with a link to the booking form and the booking schedule. Click on the link to the form, fill in you details, check the sessions you wish to join and press submit. You can only book for the coming week (the form will be for the week commencing Monday).
2. Bookings are now automated when you submit the form so accordingly are on a first come first served basis. If the number of available spaces is exceeded then you will be added to a waitlist: however it is only expected this may happen in relation to the Saturday morning run but probably most weeks this will be fine.
3. There is no booking window, no priority between your choices, no limit on number of sessions booked but please do not select alternatives (or you will be booked on both).
4. However if you do know what you want to book for the coming week we would still prefer you to book at the weekend:
a) it makes it easier on the run leaders if they know who many are expected: especially fi the group needs to be split
b) if a group is full then if you have booked by 4pm on Sunday you will be offered priority for the following week.
5. You can see your bookings and who else has booked at anytime by clicking on the link in Pete's email. Because you can see the bookings at any time a list will no longer be emailed or posted to Facebook on Sunday. Generally the same link will apply each week but note there may be am updated form issued from time to time in which case the link will change. I am looking at a possible update to send an email to confirm your booking.
8. The normal charge of £1 per session applies but please do not bring cash. Please pay for your sessions in the month at the start of the following month by bank transfer to the club account details of which will be included in the weekly reminder email. The charge for a month is capped at £8, thus if you usually do two or more sessions per week you just pay £8 per month.
Thank you for your cooperation in these difficult times.
GUIDELINES DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS
You must adhere to the following guidelines
1) You are running at your own risk and are responsible for following current guidelines
2) If you or anyone in your household feel unwell, have been tested positive for Covid or been told to self isolate then please do not attend. You will be asked to confirm this at the start of the session.
3) Please follow the government's guidelines and keep your distance.
4) No sharing drinks, holding someone's keys etc. There will not be a bag for you to leave stuff in: if you bring it you have to carry it.
5) If you are not on a group list please do not turn up hoping to run, you will be sent home.....sorry.
6) Please wash your hands before and after running, or bring hand sanitizer.
7) No spitting
8) Be aware of what you may touch: for example it is recommended you do not use railings for stretching after the run. If doing the weekend off road runs these are likely to include going through gates and over stiles: it is recommended you do not touch your face after going through/over a gate or stile
Parkruns are current suspended but are due to restart from 5 June 2021. When they do restart there are a number of local Parkruns it is enouraged that you only attend your local parkrun initially (probably until 21 June) which is Uckfield which starts at Uckfield Rugby club and is a scenic off road route in Buxted Park: note it is muddy in the winter.
Parkruns are every Saturday 9am they are free but if you have not already done so you need to register with Parkrun (free) and print off your bar code which you can then use at any Parkrun World wide.
Other local parkruns at Eastbourne, Hastings Prom, Hove Prom, Preston Park Brighton, East Brighton, Hove Park, Bevendean Brighton, Peacehaven, Seaford, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Bedgebury nr Wadhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Tilgate Park Crawley.
Upcoming events: running
Races are starting to return now.
Upcoming Events other
We usually have a BBQ In June and a Christmas party. The 202o events were cancelled due to Covid but they may be back this year. If the BBQ is back it is likely to be in July rather than June following the expected easing of restricitions on 21 June
In most months 1 or 2 events are selected as particular events we seek to support: so hopefully we can achieve a strong turnout for each of these events: lets make a crowd. Mostly these will be 5 mile or 10k so anyone can do them. Quite often we will visit a cafe afterwards for those who want some post race sustenance. However Races are currently suspended due to Covid
There was no cross country in 2020/21 season. Subject to any further Covid restrictions the dates for 2021/22 will be posted in September 2021 on the Cross Country tab.
Sussex Grand Prix events
There are usually 12 races. For a full score you would have needed to complete 6 out of the 12. races. We will wait to see if the SGP will resume in 2021.
Main Group: Tuesday Training (normal training non covid)
Beyond the covid restrictions the Tuesday training is a mix of steady runs and more 'technical' sessions such as hills or repetitions. During the spring/Summer we mainly train off road in the winter the runs are in Uckfield town.
Currently this is replaced with the option of a 5k steady run with Sam from Victoria Park or a reps session in Buxted Park from Uckfield Rugby club both at 6.30pm.
Monday and Thursday Beginners/Joggers Groups
There are beginners/joggers groups on Monday 9.30am and Thursday 7.30pm: but also in these Covid times the Tuesday 5k group is also suitable for beginners. These are relaxed social groups which cater for absolute beginners, joggers and runners looking for a more relaxed run. See the beginners tab for further details
Track training is at Crowborourgh 1st and 3rd Wednesday (£1) Uckfield Runners session (April to October) and at Eastbourne (Cross Levels Way, Eastbourne BN21 2UF) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month (all year) from 7pm (£3) joint session with Heathfield Road Runners. Both sessions are for 1 hour. Both are suitable for all abilities.
Currently sessions are held each week at Crowborough with the option of a 6.30pm or 7.30pm sessions (£1)
Weekend runs may be added in weeks we are not doing a race: check this page for details. Currently off road runs are held for Uckfield Rugby Club at at 8.30am on Saturday (10 to 12k) and Sunday (approx 10 mile)